Thursday, June 14, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to the Open Source Zoo!

Here we proudly display various open source and freeware programs so you can find alternatives for proprietary software, in an effort to help the open source initiative. I've personally used every piece of software posted here, to ensure good working order - only functional, production level programs are included, and I post my various reactions about them here as well.

All programs listed on this blog are downloadable completely free of charge will be tagged as either open or closed depending on the source code availability. Also, they are classified under their various uses to help users find the software they want fast.

I'm open to suggestions for good open source / freeware programs not included in the zoo. Good is subject to my opinion; remember, I test every program posted here for quality assurance.

If you find a particular program exceptionally useful, please think about donating some money to the development team. Many are actually non-profit organizations, making your donation tax deductible in the United States, and I'll try to label them as such. Remember that the development team spent a lot of time and effort to make a product for you to use for free. At the very least, spread the word, so that their efforts are not in vain.

Enjoy the Zoo!

No comments: